Head CT - Post Mild Concussion, January 2006

Gif Created on Make A Gif

In late January of 2006 I was racing myself around the rink during Public Skate and took a serious face-dive into the ice. Yes, instead of putting my hands out to protect myself I tucked them in and swiftly decelerated into the frozen rink.

I saw the rink supervisor, (some college student trying to make tuition payments by showing up on skates at a stinky community centre every couple days) come towards me and then stop when I got up. I dizzily headed for the boards and inched my way over to the door to pour myself into the stinky bleachers. Blood dripped onto my sweater and my friends skated over to check me out.

It was a pretty unremarkable concussion. I fell onto my jaw which bruised where it met my skull which made my brain bounce around and go all kooky! Apart from ignoring my best friends sister telling me to "just close your eyes and go to sleep!" and my other friend looking at my wound and yelling "I CAN SEE YOUR TRACHEA!" I went for the cursory check at the walk-in clinic and went home.

Weeks later I could move my jaw again but I was more dizzy than when I was on Zoloft. I almost threw up every time I moved my head even an infinitesimal amount. My mom dragged me to see my GP even though I felt too horrible to move and he gave me a script (hooray for Serc!) and ordered a CT.

Voila, here we get a chance to look at a brain scan! No strange findings, so it's pretty typical. It is somewhat distorted from putting it into a gif. Cool or what?

0 comments:

Post a Comment